Saturday 13 June 2015

Sleepy

Everything is starting to wind now a bit now, since i've finished all my work for my shows this year. (Although i still feel the stress of it a bit)! But I feel like the first half of the year has been non-stop - sort of like running into brick wall after brick wall; I can break through the walls but as i keep going it starts to hurt and get sore, and i need a rest. Does that make sense?

Maybe it's why this idea has popped into my little brain. Exploring sleep. Resting. Vulnerability, being unaware. Although, i read on my internet adventures, that the (very clever) brain is able to detect when someone is watching you, even while sleeping. It's along the lines of a concept i was looking at a while back - the notion of the gaze/what is a predator- during my solo show last year. I think it's something i will explore further.


Here is a sleepy fox from today. : )

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment