Wednesday 22 May 2013

Inspiration Wednesday (Episode #1)

Having done a major in conceptual design, i am used to scouring books, the net and my lecturer's brains to find new inspiration for projects. We used to do 5 week projects which required us to create a (very detailed) visual diary documenting all ideas and research. Doing this helped me in a lot of respects because not only did my ideas develop, but i discovered A LOT of new artists doing things i'd never thought of in my wildest dreams. I thought it might be a good idea for me to share them every now and then.

Collage was one of my favourite ways to give form to some of the concepts i had in my head that i was unable to draw straight away. It's a really fun and easy way to work as there isn't really a right or wrong way to go about it - i recommend it to any artist out there trying to find their feet. The following works are by artist 'John Stezaker'. You can view more of his work via Saatchi gallery - www.saatchi-gallery.co.uk. I enjoy these for their wit, simplicity and for their ability to corrupt the space of each other. Please enjoy~





Emma
X

No comments:

Post a Comment